The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on the 14th May, 2019 at the Village Hall at 7.15. The Annual Parish Meeting is not a Council meeting, but rather is a meeting of local government electors registered for the area for which it is held (i.e. the residents of Linton). It is entirely separate from the Annual Meeting, although held on the same evening. The meeting acts as an annual democratic point of communication enabling the Parish Council to explain what it has been doing over the last year and providing an opportunity for the electors to have their say on anything they consider is important to the people of the Parish. The Annual Meeting will follow the APM.
All residents are welcome.
If you are interested in becoming a Councillor please join us at the meeting to have a chat with our current councillors.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A COUNCILLOR FOR LINTON ON OUSE?
If you think you might be interested in supporting your community by becoming a Councillor please contact the Parish Council Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATION PAPERS: 4PM, 3RD APRIL
ELECTION DATE: 2ND MAY (FOR ANY CONTESTED SEATS)
Two casual vacancy seats are available.
Linton Parish Council meet in the Village Hall generally on the second Tuesday of each month for a Full Council meeting. The District and County Councillors attend the meetings when possible.
- Application forms are available to complete and submit directly to Hambleton District Council before 3rd April 2019 – you will need a proposer and seconder for your application.
- All of your details will be published by HDC and will be in the public domain.
- To qualify as a candidate a person must, on both the day of nomination and the day of the election, be 18 years of age and a British or Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or a citizen of another Member State of the European Union.
- In addition, the candidate must also meet at least one of the following four qualifications, again both on the day they are nominated and on polling day:
(a) be registered as a local government elector within the parish; or
(b) have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises during the previous
twelve months within the parish; or
(c) his/her principal or only place of work during the previous twelve months has been in
the area of the parish1; or
(d) have resided within the parish or within 4.8 kilometres (three miles) thereof during the previous twelve months.
For information about becoming a Councillor please download the information booklet via Hambleton’s website: https://www.hambleton.gov.uk/downloads/file/4536/becoming_a_parish_councillor_2019
Please note: the date for the next Parish Council meeting will be Tuesday, 2nd April (NOT the previously advertised 9th April)
Just a reminder to Linton residents with issues regarding drainage/ water supply – please report any issues that you experience that you think might be caused by problems with water drainage to Yorkshire Water:
· Telephone – 0345 1 242424
· Website/Webchat – <https://www.yorkshirewater.com/contactus>
· Facebook – <https://www.facebook.com/yorkshirewater>
· Twitter – @YWHelp
Friday 9th Feb 2018. 2pm Linton Village Hall
A presentation on “Old Linton” from Domesday to Oxford – Looking at what we know about Linton from records discovered so far.
Linton and District Gardening Club are holding a general knowledge quiz on 7.30pm Saturday 28th October at Linton Village Hall.
Teams of up to four people – £10 per team
Tickets are limited so please contact Mark on 07961 361048 to book.
** Prizes ** Raffle**
Please feel free to bring your own beer / wine