This section contains Financial information about Linton on Ouse Parish Council.
Parish Councils are statutory bodies funded principally by an annual precept. Income and expenditure for the next financial year are calculated in the form of estimates. The net amount (the precept) is added to council tax, collected by the district council and paid to the parish in two six-monthly instalments. The Parish Council can apply for other funding such as grant and funding awards, but it does not receive funds direct from central government.
As a result of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, smaller authorities (including parish councils) are exempt from external audit (i.e. by the Audit Commission).
Instead, smaller authorities are subject to the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities, issued by the Department for Communities and Local Government. This code requires that “relevant information about the authorities’ accounts and governance” is made available to local electors and ratepayers.
Accordingly, this section of the website contains links to the following pages:
Expenditure Report 18/19: Items of expenditure above £100 incurred during the last financial year.
Copies of the End of year Accounts, Annual Governance Statement and signed Internal Audit Report:
Linton on Ouse 2018/2019 Audit Documents:
- L Explanation of Variances 18-19
- L Certificate of Exemption 18-19
- L Bank Rec 18-19
- L Annual Internal Audit Report 18-19
- L Annual Governance Statement 18-19
- L Accounting Statement 18-19
Linton on Ouse 2017/2018 Audit Documents:
- L Explanation of Variances 17-18
- L Certificate of Exemption 17-18
- L Bank Rec 17-18
- L Annual Internal Audit Report 17-18
- L Annual Governance Statement 17-18
- L Accounting Statement 17-18
- Annual Return for the Financial Year ended 31 March 2017
- Annual Return for the Financial Year ended 31 March 2016
Please note that other aspects of the Transparency code are addressed on the following pages of this website: